Associate Design Director (UX/UI)
- 10 to 12 years of UX/UI design experience with large-scale, integrated websites or digital products
- Formal design training and art direction experience with exceptional conceptual and design skills
- Expertise in digital design tools like Axure, Figma, Miro, and Sketch
- An overall understanding of web production and technologies and the capabilities within digital channels
- Experience in leading, mentoring, and managing people
- User Experience Design
- User Interface Design
- Presentation and Communication
- Agile Principles
If you are someone who wants to be part of the solution and help to lead and mentor others in the practice of user experience, you’ll be the perfect addition to our Strategy and Design team.
As an Associate UX/UI Design Director, you will not only lead UX/UI efforts with our larger customers, but you’ll also help to develop the next generation of our UX/UI team to help customers on their digital journey. Using design thinking workshops, interviews, and other methods of discovery, you’ll set the tone for their entire digital presence by creating information architecture, site maps, user journeys, and functional prototypes. The end result is a vision, roadmap, and user experience that will last for years.
You’ll also help with designs of your own while guiding the team with their creative direction for our customers. With your help our design team create new and exceptional designs for our customers in performing arts, associations, and manufacturing that will impact millions.
The Benefits You’ll Love
As an Associate UX/UI Design Director at Adage, you’ll enjoy work-life balance with flex schedules, remote-work options, and 20+ days of paid time off annually. Adage offers excellent benefits with 85% employer-paid insurance, profit-sharing bonuses, 401k contributions, and FSA. We have monthly happy hours, quarterly social events, an annual retreat, and a great office environment with a stocked kitchen and pristine gym.
The Difference We Make
At Adage, we do our part to make the world a better place through technology.
In this pursuit, we have spent the last 20 years helping a lot of really cool clients (think The Kennedy Center, The American Academy of Pediatrics, Metropolitan Museum of Art, and Chicago Public Schools) to make an actual difference in the communities they serve through their digital presence. Central to solutions for these clients is our approach. Our UX/UI practice is there from the start, making sure we have alignment in both form and function.
Our team consists of incredibly smart, inspiringly driven, impressively kind, and continuous learners. We are routinely recognized as one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois, and on Crain’s Best Places to Work in Chicago.
Adage is growing a team of purpose-driven, creative, strategic, problem solvers, who share our passion for technology advancing purpose.
- We bring together a diverse team of creatives and coders
- Kindness, professionalism, and growth opportunity
- The Best Places to Work list for the past decade
- Strong core values
- Collaborative, creative, and fun environment
- A culture of trust, support, and togetherness