- 3 to 5 years’ experience at an agency, product company, or startup in a design role
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in one of the creative arts, Digital Media, Human and Computer Interaction, Design Thinking, or equivalent work experience
- Eagerness to learn and desire for feedback and continuously improving their design output
- Eagerness to be client facing including leading design thinking workshops with clients, and end users
- Effective communication of design decisions to team members and clients
- Working knowledge or desire to learn Axure and Figma
Passion for technology and a desire to understand website and web app development
- Appreciation of technical limits, scope, timeline and budget, as needed constraints for successful design
- Desire to learn how to design in browser and has working knowledge or desire to learn HTML, CSS, and JS
What You Will Be Doing
- Practicing a human centered design process and asking “why?”
- Gathering requirements and establishing user journeys in workshops
- Establishing strong vision and design goals for every project
- Designing products and enterprise ecommerce websites in a component or atomic design approach
- Designing the look and feel including color and type setting or prototyping complete and often complex business rules in Axure 9.
- Validating design decisions with regular usability testing
- Collaborating with designers, developers (back end and front end), and project managers
- Collaborating when needed on marketing and sales collateral
- Giving and taking feedback
The Benefits You’ll Love
As an Associate UX Design Director at Adage, you’ll enjoy work-life balance with flex schedules, remote-work options, and 20+ days of paid time off annually. Adage offers excellent benefits with 85% employer-paid insurance, profit-sharing bonuses, 401k contributions, and FSA. We have monthly happy hours, quarterly social events, an annual retreat, and a great office environment with a stocked kitchen and pristine gym.
The Difference We Make
At Adage, we do our part to make the world a better place through technology.
In this pursuit, we have spent the last 20 years helping a lot of really cool clients (think The Kennedy Center, The American Academy of Pediatrics, Metropolitan Museum of Art, and Chicago Public Schools) to make an actual difference in the communities they serve through their digital presence. Central to solutions for these clients is our approach. Our UX practice is there from the start, making sure we have alignment in both form and function.
Our team consists of incredibly smart, inspiringly driven, impressively kind, and continuous learners. We are routinely recognized as one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, one of the Best Places to Work in Illinois, and on Crain’s Best Places to Work in Chicago.
Adage is growing a team of purpose-driven, creative, strategic, problem solvers, who share our passion for technology advancing purpose.
- We bring together a diverse team of creatives and coders
- Kindness, professionalism, and growth opportunity
- The Best Places to Work list for the past decade
- Strong core values
- Collaborative, creative, and fun environment
- A culture of trust, support, and togetherness