It’s been an unprecedented eight months since the pandemic first hit here in the US. While the impact of COVID-19 has been (and continues to be) devastating, it has been heartening to see the resilience and ingenuity of our arts and cultural community. At Adage, we are working hard—through our mission of using technology to advance purpose—to help our clients bring their impressive artistic innovations to life in the digital world as quickly and cost-effectively as possible.
We have been busy with several site launches, continuously improving our client offerings, and keeping our technologies and products up to date with the rapidly changing landscape.
Site Launches, Updates and Upgrades
Our work in the first half of 2020 ranged from adding new features and upgrading purchase paths to full site redesign and dev projects. Some of the highlights include:
- Launching and continuing to grow The Kennedy Center’s new site.
- Migrating Bass Hall’s commerce solution to ACE Commerce
- Working with The Philadelphia Orchestra to replace their previous content site.
- A handful of ACE Commerce components that live between Dayton Live’s content site and TNEW for commerce, including SmartSeat and Exchanges.
- A redesign of the Midland Center for the Arts’ web presence that has since won two awards!
- Most recently, we launched Houston Grand Opera and The Smith Center.
Product and Service Offerings
Adage teams from product and dev to design and strategy have been diligently working to improve our client offerings. Our goal is to enhance your experience working with Adage, and ultimately your patrons experience online. The first half of 2020 focused on:
- Continuing to bolster our Quality Assurance processes.
- Formalizing and growing our ongoing support with Adage Care.
- Working with newer technologies like building sites as PWAs (performance web applications) to provide an app solution and partners like Imperva for security.
- Improving site usability and longevity through Adage Optimize.
Looking to the Future
We are keeping an eye on the future and aiming to design solutions for today that can adapt for whatever the future may hold. We partner with organizations preparing to open their doors, enrich their digital entertainment offerings, and more. These are examples of what we can help you with now to prepare for the future.
SOAP to REST. With all the pieces in place from Tessitura, we can upgrade our clients from the existing SOAP API to REST.
Socially Distanced SmartSeat was the first new feature we rolled out in the pandemic. It builds upon our SmartSeat SYOS to allow organizations to hold seats dynamically.
ACE Commerce has continued to grow. The solution (formally ACE Platform) now works in a more componentized manner, allowing organizations to pick and choose which features they need and integrate seamlessly with TNEW. Some of the features we have found most useful to our clients during the pandemic include Quick Donate, Exchanges (with ticket returns), and Gift Certificates.
Different types of Digital Access have perhaps been the most critical solutions for our clients. We’re exploring more in this world—specifically with an OTT solution that integrates with Tessitura.